Monday, December 10, 2012

TRIANGULAR TRI-FOLD AND MY CRICUT

Well, I am into my fourth month of being a Close To My Heart Consultant.  I really am loving it but am finding it is a LOT of work and occupies my mind quite a bit.   I did a few craft vendor shows and that was a learning experience.  They went well and I met a lot of fun people.  I do enjoy the relational part of the business---the crafty part too!!  HA!  So I guess I am doing the right thing!

I am not having a CTMH Club this month but am trying to plan next year out and create some fun things and also create some excitement in YOU to come and have fun with paper and with a bunch of neat ladies.  I designed four cards for January using the same design but different themes.  One is a Valentine, one is a sympathy card, one is a birthday card, and one is a fun snowman card using one of my favorite stamps from CTMH.

Before I show you my cards, a big kudos to Holly for creating a wonderful tutorial on her blog.  Click this link to see this: Multi-fold tutorial  I loved her Valentine designs--so cute and fun.  So I created my own Valentine but I also thought I would try and create some different themes so that the cardmakers in my club will start getting a variety of cards to give.  


 I really am happy with how they turned out.  I am not going to go into detail on how to make these since I linked you to the tutorial.  However, I will make note of products that were helpful in creating the above cards.  The paper was all scraps that I had in my stash.  

Here the triangular card is opened
The snowman card I used Flakey Friends stamp set.  I cut the snowflake out using the Cricut and Cricut Artiste cartridge set.  This cartridge is sold exclusively from Close To My Heart and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  

I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge set for the Valentine card.  I just got this cartridge a few weeks ago and I didn't think I would like it as well as the Artiste, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I LOVE this one as well and have used it quite a bit.  The Artiste has a LOT of 3D items to create and card/envelopes, while the Philosophy has a LOT of embellishments and tags for cardmaking and scrapbooking.  They both are a great resource with each cartridge cutting over 700 images!  AMAZING!!  Oops--bunny trail....   OK....back to the Valentine card.  I used Philosophy cartridge.  The tag is on page 67 of the Philosophy booklet and is cut at 2 1/2 inches.  The heart is on page 69 of the same booklet and is cut at 2".  The heart stamp came with the Philosophy set and I used CTMH Ruby Exclusive Ink.

The sympathy card is also made using scrap paper and items from Cricut Art Philosophy set.  The flower is from page 41 of Philosophy cut at 2 1/2 inches.  I forgot to write down the page for the tag on the inside, but that is also in the Philosophy booklet.  I used CTMH  Words of Comfort stamp set for the inside. 

Lastly, the birthday card also makes use of the Cricut Philosophy set.  The cupcake is cut at 2 1/2 inches and used the stamp that comes with the Philosophy set.  The stamped words on the inside are also stamps included in the set.

These were a lot of fun to make.  I hope a few more ladies will decide to join us for CTMH Club in January.  Stay tuned for more info.  

I will soon post an awesome get-well tissue box!!  So FUN!!


1 comment: